
Alright. I bet you're wondering what the heck this is or what it's for. This is Part 1 of multiple parts (I have no idea how many parts there are total) of my Design project that's due sometime next week (once again - no idea when - it just depends on how much we have done by when). The total project is supposed to be a study of Rhythm. We started out drawing thumbnails to describe a list of adjectives (we drew one intuitive thumbnail and one intellectual per word). We then picked one pair of intuitive and intellectual that we liked and combined the two into one drawing. The above scan is my combined drawing to describe a jackhammer. We then have to do this with another pair of thumbnails (I'll post that one once I've actually done it) and then go camp out at Kinko's or the library and spend a LOT of money. My teacher wants 20-25 copies per drawing (so with two drawings about 50 copies) at different magnifications/crops, etc. Once we have the copies we will collage them onto an 11" by 15" piece of paper (that nice expensive kind too). Each drawing gets it's own collage, so there will be two total collages on one kind of paper. Then once we've done that we go back to Kinko's or some other place and get them to copy the collage we feel works the best onto an 11" by 15" cardstock. We will turn in three finished collages.
The collage itself will be interesting and I'll be sure and take pictures and post those on here when I've finished the project. I know my next design I want it to have smooth lines and not so many black shapes like this one does. I think the teacher wants us to be able to demonstrate a sense of either a staccato rhythm or a legato rhythm, so that's why I want my next drawing to have smooth lines in it.
It looks like for now this blog will mainly be to share my Art projects with everyone. Or anything interesting that pops up - like my 5:30 AM ramblings!

No comments:
Post a Comment